College of Built Environments at the University of Washington.
Congratulations to graduating students in the College of Built Environments (CBE). Please review the following page to assist you in your graduation plans.
Applying for your Degree
Degree applications are coordinated by your individual departments and programs. Please carefully review and respond to all graduation notifications.
University of Washington Commencement Ceremony
On Saturday, June 14, 2014, the University of Washington community will come together at Husky Stadium to celebrate the achievements of the Class of 2014. Commencement is the formal campus-wide ceremony honoring graduates, and academic attire is required for this ceremony. For more information, including tickets, visit the Commencement website.
CBE Graduation Celebration
The College of Built Environments cordially invites all graduating students and their families and friends to a Graduation Celebration and reception. This event honors graduates from all departments and interdisciplinary programs in the college. College Faculty and Staff will be there to celebrate your success.
Graduates please RSVP here by Friday, June 6.
Faculty and Staff please RSVP here by Friday, June 6.
Friday, June 13, 2014
4:30 pm - 7:30 pm (Ceremony and reception)
Exhibition Hall, Seattle Center
Mercer and Third Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109
CBE Graduation Celebration Speaker
We are pleased to welcome Peter Miller, owner of Peter Miller Books, a design bookshop in downtown Seattle.
Questions about the Celebration
How many guests may I bring? and Do they need tickets?
- No tickets necessary. We will have approx. 4 guest seats per graduating student with additional standing room available.
- Graduating students and faculty should arrive by 3:30 pm, and follow signs to backstage. We ask that guests arrive around 4:00 pm and take their seats by 4:30 pm.
What should I wear?
- Wearing academic apparel (cap and gown) is required. Academic apparel orders can be placed here from May 7 to May 25.
- Following the 2013 Graduation Celebration we collected a limited number of robes for use at future celebrations. On Monday, May 12, 2014, from 12:00 – 1:00 pm in Gould Room 227, we will distribute these robes on a first come first serve basis.
- Caps and Gowns ordered from the University are picked up between May 29 and June 7 at the UW Bookstore (lower level) during bookstore hours.
Where is the Exhibition Hall located?
- The Exhibition Hall is located at Seattle Center and is just a short 15 minute drive southwest of the University of Washington campus. You can find a map of Seattle Center indicating the location of the Exhibition Hall here.
Will there be parking?
- Parking is available in lots adjacent to Seattle Center and on the street. The lot closest to the Exhibition Hall is the Mercer Garage with an entrance on 3rd Ave N, between Mercer and Roy. All parking lots and street spots in the area require payment. We believe the maximum parking payment will be around $15, but could be significantly less.
Will accommodations be provided for persons with disabilities?
- The Exhibition Hall is wheelchair accessible. Persons needing additional assistance with seating, etc., should email firstname.lastname@example.org.